It is the generosity of more than 1800 volunteers that allows Nutrition for Learning to happen!
We look for enthusiastic and caring individuals whose first priority is the well-being of the Student Nutrition Program participants.
There are a variety of volunteer positions available, with opportunities to develop skills in safe food handling & first aid as well as nutrition, team work and working with children.
Volunteer of the Month
Cara Tavares is not only a devoted wife and mother of two wonderful boys: she is a career woman, secretary of the parent council for St. Paul school, usually helps coordinate fundraising for our school and of course is the coordinator for the Nutrition for Learning program at St. Paul.
• The time of day will vary with each program site and your personal schedule
• Approximately one day a week, one hour a day
• We ask that volunteers make at least a one–year commitment to a Student Nutrition Program. Programs generally run from September to June.
• Must be 14+ years in order to volunteer without adult supervision
• Excited to promote healthy choices to those who participate in the programs
• Have an understanding of the importance of the Student Nutrition Programs
Quotes from Volunteers
“I love it and it’s a lot of fun!”
“I enjoy the experience very much, and am very happy.“
“Everybody I volunteer with is wonderful which makes it very fun!”
“The staff and the children are all amazing to work with!”
“I feel so happy knowing I am able to give something back! “
“I’m learning so much from the students and other volunteers! “
“Life is divided into three parts. We Learn, Earn, Return. The smiles I get from the kids and teachers at are worth a fortune. I know that I am helping these students to a better life in their health and studies. “