It is the generosity of more than 1800 volunteers that allows Nutrition for Learning to happen!
We look for enthusiastic and caring individuals whose first priority is the well-being of the Student Nutrition Program participants.
There are a variety of volunteer positions available, with opportunities to develop skills in safe food handling & first aid as well as nutrition, team work and working with children.
Volunteer of the Month SEPTEMBER
Jane Black and Greg Murdoch would like to nominate Lawrence Jabatah, a grade 2 student at Rockway Public School for the Volunteer of the Month.
They both felt he was a shining example of a student that is doing positive things in his school. He is going to make something of himself – Mayor, Prime Minister or something even greater. He has a very positive demeanor, and bounces down the hall as he delivers the bins to the classrooms.
• The time of day will vary with each program site and your personal schedule
• Approximately one day a week, one hour a day
• We ask that volunteers make at least a one–year commitment to a Student Nutrition Program. Programs generally run from September to June.
• Must be 14+ years in order to volunteer without adult supervision
• Excited to promote healthy choices to those who participate in the programs
• Have an understanding of the importance of the Student Nutrition Programs
Quotes from Volunteers
“I love it and it’s a lot of fun!”
“I enjoy the experience very much, and am very happy.“
“Everybody I volunteer with is wonderful which makes it very fun!”
“The staff and the children are all amazing to work with!”
“I feel so happy knowing I am able to give something back! “
“I’m learning so much from the students and other volunteers! “
“Life is divided into three parts. We Learn, Earn, Return. The smiles I get from the kids and teachers at are worth a fortune. I know that I am helping these students to a better life in their health and studies. “