Nutrition for Learning is searching for a Senior Coordinator, Communication Partnerships and Grants.
Nutrition for Learning’s mission is to help create wellbeing and belonging for youth in our communities through equitable, universal nutrition access to Student Nutrition Programs in the classroom.
Nutrition for Learning is searching for a passionate, values-driven development professional to help us illuminate our stories. The Senior Coordinator, Communication Partnerships and Grants.is an integral member of the Development team and will be responsible for writing compelling and persuasive copy that facilitates a human connection and ignites support for Nutrition for Learning.
An innovative communicator, the candidate brings a demonstrated talent for results-focused storytelling, including but not limited to grants, proposals, web copy, social media posts, newsletters, appeals, press releases, and donor correspondence. The candidate should have a proven ability to work within a small, hands-on, collaborative team.
This position is full time, salaried and reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
- Passionate about helping provide equitable access to food for students in our communities.
- Performance-driven: Driven by goals and KPIs, with a track-record of reporting on benchmarks as required by the team.
- 3 – 5 years of grant writing and communications experience.
- Excellent writing skills, with a strong ability to write effective, lean copy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Superior copy-editing skills.
- Experience responding to competing deadlines and managing multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced working environment, both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to understand and execute complex instructions.
- Knowledge and experience with grant research are an asset.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization to achieve goals.
- Strong computer skills.
- Familiarity with fundraising software is an asset.
- Experience creating and /or adhering to brand and communications style guides.
- Familiarity with WordPress is an asset.
- Familiarity with Canva is an asset.
This position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Grant writing.
- Grant and funding/partnership research.
- Supporting the process of strategic development within the Philanthropy department.
- Collaborating to produce grant applications, funding proposals, sponsorship packages, and other funding packages.
- Managing funding application and RFP calendars and meeting all deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Interviewing and liaising with volunteers, staff, and stakeholders to obtain statements and testimonials.
- Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy in the planning and implementation of the grant program to ensure success.
- Maintaining donor and funder records.
- Reporting on assigned research, writing, and communications KPIs.
- Monitor grant expenditures for compliance with grant requirements, tracks results, and writes required stewardship reports meeting all deadlines.
- Assist in the development and execution of the annual communication plan including, but not limited to, social media, newsletters, annual report, PSAs, mass direct mailings, email communication, press releases, and marketing calendar.
- Manages social media creating engaging and relevant content, including creation and implementation of calendar, postings, community stories and follow up, following the Nutrition for Learning style guide.
- Maintain communication calendar and ensure timely execution of all tasks.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of current trends, best practices and emerging technologies in the digital space and apply that knowledge to the cultivation of relationships toward the goal of fundraising.
- Prepare regular reports on revenue progress, expense budgets and monitor to
ensure fundraising efficacy key performance indicator is met. Recommend changes as necessary
- Collaborate with staff on various communications projects to support the mission, including event collateral, volunteer communications, and more.
- Assist all staff and board committees with marketing including print material, press releases, etc.
- Maintain and update website including monthly audit of website.
- Direct and/or execute photography and videography requirements.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Other projects and responsibilities as required.
- Other duties as assigned to support the organizations success
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for this position. Please note, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time – Salary: $50,000 to $75,000 depending on experience and qualifications
EMAIL WITH RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org