Fund Development and Grant Specialist
POSITION STATUS: Contract (6 months) 37-hour position – salaried position
POSITION SUMMARY: The Nutrition for Learning Contract Fund Development and Grant Specialist is responsible for assisting with Nutrition for Learning fund development plan with a special emphasis on cultivating grant opportunities and will work closely with the Executive Director and Community Development staff.
• Reports to: Executive Director
• Supervises: None
• Works with all staff, board, interns, and volunteers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adhere to the Code of Professional Fundraising Ethics and Donor’s Bill of Rights.
• Work with the Executive Director to determine fund development priorities and action plans for cultivating new donor relationships and pursuing new streams of grants.
• Provide timely funding updates to Executive Director.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, prospective donors, board members, volunteers, all representatives and supporters of Nutrition for Learning and local community members, organizations, and businesses.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, identify new foundations and help identify prospective individual and corporate funders, and secure funding.
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director, staff, board, and Fund Development officer.
• Ensure that gifts and grants are securely and promptly received and send appropriate acknowledgement receipts and thank you letters in a timely manner.
• Write and edit grant applications, letters of inquiry, and interim and final grant reports.
• Manage grant application process from beginning to end in collaboration with staff.
• Facilitate the tracking and evaluation of results against stated objectives.
This position will be based at Nutrition for Learning Ayr office and will require occasional.
nights and weekends if required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Nutrition for Learning’s mission to support the overall well being of students and their ability to learn by ensuring that every student can attend school well nourished.
The Fund Development and Grant Specialist will exhibit personal and professional characteristics that include, but are not limited to, superior verbal and written communication and
problem solving skills, generalist fundraising knowledge and skills, ability to work effectively with limited administrative assistance, sound judgment, ability to engage in the community on behalf of Nutrition for Learning, willingness to travel, and possession of a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to Mary D’Alton at email@example.com. All attachments must each be labeled with the applicant’s full name. In your cover letter, please help us understand why you are the ideal candidate by addressing the following questions:
What interests you most about this position?
Based on the qualifications, why are you a strong candidate?
What excites you about Nutrition for Learning?
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in this position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.